RSS
Thoughts and words of a dreamer, and an aspiring online writer.

A Down Day

On any field anyone is into in this world, there is that certain spark of expertise that comes naturally for them. A musician would know much more about songs than a simple listener, a cook would know more about cooking than a regular diner, a teacher would know more about the academics than a current graduate. There is a natural “must know” for each identity or role for everyone. Not only is this seen in the professional world, but so in personal interests such as hobbies. A tv series regular viewer would be familiar with the episode, a singer fan would know the album and single, an author aficionado would follow the book releases and its plots.

My education and degree is strongly connected in the field of writing – Literature. Compositions of poems, stories, articles and essays should be somehow easy for me to do. These days however, I have been challenging my ability to write and I have been failing and it had been sinking my esteem. It raised questions about my skills and aptitude as a person. Why can’t I do it? How come I am willing and it can’t happen? This is not supposed to be as difficult as it may seem, but I still get nothing! I am frustrated.

But I don’t want to wallow on self-pity. My willingness to make it is still there. I just want to share and use this as therapy, it might make me feel better.

Writer’s block… it effin sucks!

2 comments:

Paul said...

hey man, hang in there. If you're talking about writing in your blog - every blog I have ever read [or wrote] starts off stilted and self conscious. They develop and grow - they evolve eh?

For me, I just write stuff that makes me giggle or that interests me, or sometimes just the random thoughts that jump into my head ... if other people read/like it - great, if not - so what?. The point is I'm just having a little fun.

So try not to take it all to seriously and just go for it... what's the worst that can happen?

bigtumtums said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

hey man, hang in there. If you're talking about writing in your blog - every blog I have ever read [or wrote] starts off stilted and self conscious. They develop and grow - they evolve eh?

For me, I just write stuff that makes me giggle or that interests me, or sometimes just the random thoughts that jump into my head ... if other people read/like it - great, if not - so what?. The point is I'm just having a little fun.

So try not to take it all to seriously and just go for it... what's the worst that can happen?

bigtumtums said...
This comment has been removed by the author.