RSS
Thoughts and words of a dreamer, and an aspiring online writer.

Paperbacks over Kindle

Inspired by the article of David Ulin.

Due to low finances, I cannot afford to be as tech-savvy as most are these days. Latest or current models of ipods and mobile phones are not stuff I possess. All I have is laptop, and I got it as a holiday present. I’m doing the most of what I can from it, and having strong hopes it can be a tool to earn someday.

This article taught me that there is such a thing called Kindle (a white flat e-book hardware) and it is on the mainstream market. For someone like me who enjoys reading- this can come handy. However, it maybe my old-fashion nature to still prefer the paperbacks. Not only is Kindle a can’t-afford, it can also be a not-so-like material.

Why the classic old binds? Yes, they may be bulky but they are simply open and read. No recharges, no e-stuff complexities, no heavy on the wallets, no stress and tension if it gets lost, and (just like what David pointed out) no unwanted deletes. It may be slim and handy, but as of now it’s expensive and impractical for a consumer like me.

Clearly, as again explained in the article, the idea is for profit and gain. It gives the reader more choices for comfort. Though it still boils down to books and reading being a channel for self-improvement, and David is right that no commercial should manipulate.

With the paperbacks, we get what we pay for; entertainment and knowledge. So tech can get more techie if they want. Do I feel left out and old fashioned with the changes? Not as much. I still get entertained and learn, and that’s the most important part.

0 comments: