RSS
Thoughts and words of a dreamer, and an aspiring online writer.

The not-needs to be out

Inspired by the article of Tony Hicks.

De-cluttering my stuff is a tough challenge. This is a MUST I have to do these days which I haven’t done for numerous lame reasons. I am one of those people strongly attached to simple valuables which end up in bulks eventually.

There will be a huge transition in my life soon (sex change… hehehe…jk) and for me to get there I have to fix here. As someone who has difficulty letting go of things, these are some reasons why I tidy up. I write this not just to share, but to motivate myself to move.

To breathe. It’s nice to see space and inhale. To see there is more room (to fill again… hahaha). It gives that refreshing aura.

For health. If you are like me who is forever in self-search, part of finding myself is to take out the not-needs. On every single thing I hold when I fix that becomes a question “do I NEED this?” This is like bargaining with your conscience because of the attachment. Hehehe!

To give and move on. You know that the smile with whom you give it to is priceless. I confess and admit this is also not easy to do, especially if the thing is truly special for me. I make the level of worth as equal as possible. But I also see it as a rite of passage. I cannot take the next step unless I clear and finish where I am now. Part of growing and living healthy is cleansing, and that means to let go of things I do not need.

Just imagine those struck by tragedy who are FORCED to move on; like fire and hurricane victims. My heart goes out for them. Their homes, EVERYTHING they valued all gone. As I reflect I begin to appreciate having this privilege to sort my treasures.

It’s my time to unclog my stuff and continue my life.

0 comments: