RSS
Thoughts and words of a dreamer, and an aspiring online writer.

Reflecting on Simplicity

Today, I find myself a bit restless of the pace where my life is leading. I could not find contentment that whatever I’m doing now could truly be the right path for a future that I see. I ask myself, “am I on the right track?” It took several hours of surfing before I got an answer – I realized my tools as of now are limited so I’ll just settle for what’s there. I’ll just make the most of what I’m doing right now.

Far from that first paragraph, one of the blogs I commented on today talked about simplicity. It’s nice to reflect (once in a while) on simple things that give us joy. It makes us grounded and not be swayed by the complex wave of modern technology. They can be beneficial but they can also widen gaps.

The profession of my brother in-law greatly revolves around this hi-tech world we have. His bread and butter comes from his labor clicking and punching keys. From sun-up to starry nights he faces the monitor. But, at the end of his day, he would spend like an hour or two watching his fishes in his small aquarium. He unplugs himself from the techie world. Isn’t it amusing?

What is something simple that makes you happy? Kindly share, thanks!

0 comments: