RSS
Thoughts and words of a dreamer, and an aspiring online writer.

I enjoy soaps

Inspired by the article of Roger Ayala.

Just like any kid on the block, I think most of us had gone through a stage when soaping and bath became a chore. The fun was different when we were toddlers blowing bubbles. We lose this kind of hype during adolescence. I was not an active kid and even I tried to escape the bath routine.

Then I remember one afternoon in school when I watched my teacher wash his hands and face. It was hot and humid and kids perspire from running and playing so it gives you the idea how the environment was like. So to see my teacher do something different caught my attention. He did not know I was watching. But his actions changed my attitude towards cleanliness. He looked so refreshing! I was encouraged to copy the habit.

I like the touch of the bubbles and the suds to the skin. How on the first wash the soap turns grayish or brownish due to dirt then on the second wash it becomes really foamy and white. You feel so pure and clean, light and soft after washing. It gets even better when the soap gets scented like orange and melons. That is why I enjoy washing my face and hands. I hardly put creams and ointments on it.

This might give you an impression that my face is spotless. No! My face is oily with pimples and even has a black shade. I actually envy the Asians who are porcelain-skinned. I needed to say this to be real.

My fascination for soaps does not end there. I got introduced to bath salts and various spa effects that make your bathroom more than just a cleaning spot but a relaxing space. The scrubs that smoothens your skin, with soft towels, together with scented oils and candles with jazz music, are enough reasons to stay longer in the bathroom. You feel fresh and rejuvenated afterwards.

I’m not an avid spa buff (even if I want to I cannot afford it), but I do enjoy the pampering once in a while. However, bubbly and suds washing, and foamy scrub baths plainly explain why I enjoy soaps!

0 comments: