RSS
Thoughts and words of a dreamer, and an aspiring online writer.

Written daggers

Reaction and inspired by the article of Diane Williamson.

Insult, no matter how it is delivered, it is still a severe blow to anyone’s character. It is seriously important to be tactful on any comment or discussion for it not only stakes your dignity, it also affects the society.

I am a victim of unpleasant social preference. My huge size is not favorable to the majority. I receive harmful feedbacks, reactions, gossips and comments and they oftentimes gravely disturbed me. If only for the name of justice they could get a strike of their own attack. Nonetheless, I learn to guard my words because I know how hurtful they can be.

Free speech? Sure! If a certain someone’s existence, attitude, words, reactions alone aggravates every nerve of your system, you can vent it out on someone you trust. You can lay your litany of complaints and irks as long as it is not seen by those who may not understand you. There are really those kinds of people. I also air out my rants and ramblings to the ones I can confide in when the “pricks” are around. That is controlled free speech.

The line crosses the moment the expression gets direct without just cause. They may be there and they may irritate me, but I cannot hit (not physically) them because they did not do anything to intentionally harm me personally. The same way, it’s different when the person strikes you directly with insults or degrading responses. That is when free speech gets wrong.

In the case of Diane’s article, it is clear for a cause for punishment because the comment came from sworn public servant. The moment you promise the law to be given the right to correct society, you also promise to be a role model. That is a respect you earn. That’s the difference between the actors and politicians. Actors entertain us as their job, they do not have responsibility towards us. Politicians do because they took an oath to serve our society. They have social responsibilities.

Whether you are an officer or not, even if you are just a simple citizen, you are adult enough to know that to speak negative about others is wrong. They do not only cause injury to their feelings, they terribly destroy lives.

0 comments: