RSS
Thoughts and words of a dreamer, and an aspiring online writer.

My Ancestor - The National Hero

There is a famous Filipino proverb -

“Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan”

It means –


That quote lingered in my head as my aunt recently reminded me of our noble heritage. In my blood run the genes of a National Hero. He largely contributed to my country’s history through his sublime intellect in law and literature. With great pride, I introduce you my ancestor –

Living the proverb I mentioned above, I take this moment to remember my “Lolo Panyong” ([Great] Grandfather Epifanio). It is an immense honor being a member of his family to be part of the distinguished legacy he left us. Thus, I say these words in his presence;

Dear Lolo Panyong,

First, I would like to say thank you for the grand heroism you imparted in the Philippines, and the remarkable title you bestowed on our name. Your life will forever define the roots of our patriotism, and our dignity as a Filipino.

Kindly bless me with your gifts so I may inherit even just part of your intellect and talent in literature. Touch my mind and soul and pass on the grace you have had in the field of arts and letters. Help me find my way as I search for my role as a writer, and give me strength as I move on each day.

I ask you this as your fellow citizen, and as your great grand-daughter. Your powerful guidance may lead me in the right direction, and may continue to contribute to the prestige of our lineage.

Thank you very much! I am very proud of you.

Respectfully,
“BigTumTums”
Your Great Grand-daughter

0 comments: